Peru: Lares Valley and Machu Picchu Trek
OUR EXPEDITIONS >
PERU CUSTOM TREK 2017
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a custom trek. Contact Cindy Steuart for more information.
Trekking for Kids/TFK Adventures and Mountain Lodges of Peru are partnering to offer a very special expedition to Peru September, 20- 28 2017. Mountain Lodges of Peru is an award-winning boutique hotel and trekking company with locations in one of the most spectacular mountainous areas of that country, the Lares Valley. Machu Picchu is the final destination in what promises to be a memorable and rewarding trip. A variety of hike and cultural activities are available each day to make this a truly customized adventure.
Our Trek will be fully supported by a local trekking company and led by experienced local guides. No previous trekking experience needed, but we require that all Trekkers be in good physical condition and able to hike for several hours, non-stop, carrying a daypack. It’s important that a good physical conditioning program be undertaken at least two months before departure. Please note: shorter hiking and cultural options as well as transportation between lodges will also be available.
TFK will partner with the Yanapana Foundation, a Peruvian non-profit, to make a difference in the lives of the local children in the Huascahuasi community in the Lares Valley. On the 4th day of the trek, a highlight of the trip will be when participants will visit the school to meet the children, their families, and to make final touches on the project the expedition has supported.
Each traveler will be asked to raise $1,000 in tax-deductible donations, and all proceeds will support the project, gifts for the children at the school, and school supplies.
Watch a short video about Trekking for Kids
Please contact Cindy Steuart, Executive Director, for more information about the expedition.
Price for Expedition: $3599
Group Size: maximum of 12 Trekkers
Expedition Dates: September 20-28, 2017
(Please note: dates listed are the arrival and departure dates to/from Cusco)
Fundraising Commitment: $1000
tax-deductible donations for projects
• TFK trip leader
• 5 day fully supported, guided Trek in the Lares Valley and Machu Picchu (you only carry a daypack)
• Professional local guides on Trek
• 5 nights in mountain lodges, twin room
• 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
• 2 nights hotel in Cusco, twin room
• Most meals
• Private tour of Machu Picchu, entrance fees
• Walking tour of Cusco
• All in-country transportation, including airport pick up and drop off
• Train service from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
• Activities with the children at school in the mountains
• TFK shirt and luggage tags
• Trail fees
• Round trip airfare to Cusco and any overnight expenses that you might incur
• Tips for local trekking crew
• A few meals
• Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, or bottled water and other personal expenses
• 18 years or older
• Good health
• Physically fit
• Willing to raise minimum $1000 of tax-deductible donations for orphanage projects
3 Step Process
1. Apply • Fill out the online application (link will be provided with invitation)
• Pay $500 deposit ($50 non-refundable)
2. Prepare • Read Information and Fundraising Packet from TFK
• Start a training regimen if not already exercising regularly
• Fundraise for orphanage projects
• Gather all necessary gear for the Trek
• Pay remaining Expedition fees
• Arrange flights
3. Experience • Arrive in-country.
• Enjoy a trip of a lifetime!
We are committed to supporting you every step of the way, both before and during your Expedition.
After signing up for an Expedition, Trekkers receive a Fundraising Kit, and access to the Trekker Resource Center, with online tips and tools to help you succeed.
• great introduction to TFK for your donors
Personal Fundraising Page (coming soon)
• solicit donations on your page
• set fundraising goals
• track progress in real time
• upload photos
• post messages to donors
• form letters to help you get started
• fundraising logs
• receipts and forms
• orphanage project flyer
Contact our Director of Operations, Tricia Donaldson, for more information.
Peru Custom Trek 2017
Expedition Dates: Sept. 20-28, 2017
(in country dates)
Group Size: max. 12
Trip Cost: $3599
Fundraising Commitment: $1000
Activity Level: moderately difficult
MEET THE TREKKERS
Select a Trekker‘s name below to visit their personal fundraising page. Help them reach their goal by making a donation today.
Bhutan Trek 2017April 8-21, 2017
Thailand Private Teen 2017May 27-June 10, 2017
Mt. Elbrus 2017July 1-15, 2017
Peru Family Trek 2017August 3-12, 2017
Peru Custom Trek 2017Sept 20-28, 2017
Mexico Private Trek 2017October 21-29, 2017
Everest Base Camp 2017October 30-November 17, 2017
Everest View Trek 2017October 30-November 11, 2017
Panama Trek 2018March 3-11, 2018